One Thing

One thing I have desired of the Lord That will I seek:  
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord All the days of my life, 
To behold the beauty of the Lord 
And to inquire in His temple.  
(Psalm 27:4


Above all I want to do God's will in my life every day. That's what "dwelling in His house" means to me. It's more than just living with God nearby, it's literally leaning forward and reaching out for Him every day, finding out His ways, and doing what He wants me to do because I love Him. 

When you live with someone, they know you differently than anyone else. They see you at your worst, when you're grumpy, sick, or sad--or worse than that. 


God is none of those things, of course, but I certainly am. And at those times I look to Him for whatever I need. He's so perfect! 

Inexpressibly beautiful. 

Reverence is the only reasonable response. Worshiping Him inspires me. I want to be changed from within. Tears slide down, tracing my trembling smile. I can't speak aloud but my heart swells with mute expressions of indescribable love.


It's so beautiful that I want to spend time with Him, to "inquire." I dig in, longing to be shown the answers I need. He shines the light. I stand revealed in His radiance. 


Sometimes it's something in me that needs to be plucked out--anger, bitterness, selfishness, pride. What relief! 


Sometimes it's something He's placed in me that sparkles like gold. What joy! 


I want that one thing. Him.  


Comments

  1. You are an inspiration. Thank you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jo. Your comment means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for a way to thank you for the pastel chapters you published as a blessing; all the comments there are a few years old. I use them often as a learning tool and brain giggler as I'm painting. I see that you are in new circumstances. Please accept my appreciation and know that a thankful stranger is keeping you in prayer for a time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts